Recently I have found myself with a bit more free time than I had anticipated. For many of you, you may see this as a positive thing, however in my case the downfall of this is that I now have more time to focus on my addiction to the beautiful but oddly consuming sport of dressage. I say `oddly consuming`because `non-horsey`(ok maybe even all other equestrian disciplines) seem to look at you like you`re crazy when you tell them… `no I don`t jump but I dance with my horse…` and `yes I pay money to do this` and `no there isn`t always music involved`.
If you find yourself doing any of the following, then I hate to break it to you… but you may be a dressageaholic too.
- your horse cost more than your car and once paid off, you still have to make monthly payments
- you have countless white saddle pads and maybe a black one for some colour
- realize the saying`open your hips` is not a dirty comment
- compare the length of your whip with your friends
- you lost count of how many Pikeur items you own
- think Carl Hester is attractive even in ‘cognac’ Konigs
- get that Totilas is not a new type of nacho
Stay tuned as I use this space to share anything and everything dressage related, I think this will be great therapy for me. 🙂